Monday 15 July 2013

Political Saltire.

Goodness me, it is 2 months since I last posted. Where have I been?   On holiday, at work, or in the garden enjoying this fabulous weather is where.

I've have managed to do some craft stuff though. For starters I did a Scottish take on Tim Holtz's July tag:
Apart from Tim's ideas, the inspiration behind this was the upcoming Scottish Independence vote in 2014. I'm Welsh but have lived in Scotland for 44 years and currently live in East Lothian, the birth place of the Saltire (Scottish flag) in 832 AD.  I'm not sure If independence will be a good thing or not, and haven't decided which way to vote, hence the 'discretion advised' label.  The Nationalists have a lot of questions to answer if they want me to vote Yes, but I'm open to persuasion...
The flag is made from grunge paper, cut and coloured to look like it is folded - it was hard to get the diagonals right (and they aren't!). The flag pole is a stirrer from a well known coffee outlet and the 'tartan' ribbon is coloured with distress stain and distress marker pens.  Tim's lion rampant stamp is used a few stiles in the background along with some tape that I don't know the maker of.

Crafting with a political edge.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment